Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Simple Recipes for Summer Days

I received this little cookbook, easy summer food: simple recipes for summer days from my sil. She found it at a TJ Maxx for $5 and it is a very nice little cookbook with mouthwatering photos of each recipe. The subtitle gives me the warm fuzzies too. It reminds me of my Nordstrom's Entertaining at Home cookbook that I love so much; the difference is that these recipes are much simpler. The salt-crusted shrimp with tomato, avocado, and olive salad was a hit, except that we found the shrimp hard to peel after being grilled (does that mean it was overcooked?). I also made the Antipodean potato salad (minus the smoked oysters) and we all loved the olive oil and paprika dressing. I'm thinking about making the paella for Father's Day.

No comments: