Saturday, June 6, 2009

Determined to Blog

I'm going to make a real effort to get this blog going. I know I have nothing of real interest to post, but still like the thought of journaling and sharing thoughts. I was so glad this school year ended. It was really a sad long year starting with my mom's rapid decline and eventual death in September. She had Carcinoid Syndrome and it had damaged her GI system to the point that it just finally shut down. A slow painful death. It certainly made T-bone and I think about what we would want if we were the one laying on our deathbed. I miss my mom and have only recently fully understood that she was gone. I had lived away from her since 1984 and so it has not unusual for me to not see her. The months of not talking to her though caught up recently and the reality of having no parents is settling in.

No comments: