Thursday, June 18, 2009

Menu Planning

T-Bone went out of town for a couple of days and that leaves me with the girls. In some ways it is nice because we don't have to eat meat if he is not here. Last summer when he was gone and we had ripe tomatoes and tons of fresh basil in the garden, we ate grilled cheese, tomato, and basil sandwiches on thick slices of whole grain Italian bread with bread and butter pickles. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! I need to be outside coaxing our tomatoes to ripen. Anyway, my menu plans for the next few days could change on a whim and I've already changed tonight's menu from Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders and orzo salad to frozen Trader Joe's vegetable lasagna and a simple salad. Friday night is homemade pizza night and Saturday night I'm making Paella and a watermelon salad with nuts and cheese. Yum-oh!

No comments: