Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hidden Blessings

I woke up at 3:00 a.m and could not go back to sleep, so have been up for hours already. Yesterday was spent dealing with another problem related to B's services (she's disabled) and I never found time to sit and read the blogs I follow or read the links at Tuesdays Unwrapped. I'm achey and sore and frustrated. I've prayed, cried a little, and read my bible looking for comfort and answers. When daylight finally peeked through I spotted this in my backyard and the first words out of my mouth were, "Thank you, Lord." We have been watching this tree for weeks and saying that we needed to call someone to take the tree down. I was dreading the expense and this tree is in a neighbor's yard, but hanging over ours. I just knew it was going to come down, take out the fence and crush our garden. My garden is just a few tomato plants and some peppers and herbs, but this is the first time that we have had such success. We have these beautiful tomato plants that are full of big tomatoes and we are just starting to enjoy the fruits of our labor. T-Bone is out of town and B is at camp, so my dinner last night was a tomato sandwich. It was so good. I was so happy. I was so proud that the tomato came from my garden. The tree is down and I know that T-Bone and his chainsaw can finish the job and my garden is untouched. There is a limb that came so close to taking out the tomatoes, but it miraculously missed. It seems so small, but it is such a blessing. Thank you, God, for the hidden blessings in big messes.

4 comments:

Jo said...

"the hidden blessings in the big messes." We thank Him, indeed. Thanks for sharing this small bit of gratitude with us!

Unknown said...

for the random clicking here this morning, sharing in your little miracle.
you bless and humble my morning grumpy attitude.
Thank you

Anonymous said...

I have found throughout my life that its the seemingly small and insignificant things that God shows his hand the most. I don't ever see the big things until the time has long past. . .and I'm okay with that.

Thanks for sharing your moment.

Sandy said...

You won my book giveaway. Can you contact me?

Congrats!