Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just lemonade, please!

You have heard the saying "if life hands you lemons, make lemonade". Bushels of them keep getting handed my way and after having quite a little "fit" yesterday have decided I'll just order the lemonade. Ahhh, lemonade cool and refreshing. Actually my favorite thing is limeade with club soda. I really did ask my Heavenly Father to just hand me some good. I need a break from the bad that I have to dig around in to see the good. Even as I say it, I know it sounds petty and childish, but about once every three months my emotions just bowl me over (PMS) and because of the past year, this is what I cried, "Can I have something good? Just one little thing?" Now I know my life is full of good, I look around me and rejoice in my family and know we have many blessings, but it's big things that lack closure that seem to be taking a toll on me (I even get hives). I need to make a list that highlights the good I have found in the bad, but today I'm recovering from my emotional outburst. I pray, I seek, and I think I listen. I've asked God for an authentic faith that is more than just saying I'm trusting and believing. I am; I really am. I know the Lord is in His Holy Temple and he still rules. It is always comforting to know that no matter how we are feeling, God is the same. God gave me kind words in my turmoil-Encouragement for Today-and I made limeade with club soda topped with a sprig of mint.

Paula Deen's Lemonade Recipe

Psalm 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple; the LORD is on his heavenly throne. He observes the sons of men; his eyes examine them.

No comments: