Saturday, August 8, 2009

Calm before the storm?

I was so glad this morning to be able to get up and not have to scoot out the door. It has made me a bit angry each morning that I couldn't hang out and read blogs, sip my coffee, be alone for a while before the family starts moving. Several things hit home this morning and I feel so thankful that I had the time to reflect on God's word and then stumble upon various blog posts that encouraged me. It feels like I had time to chat with friends even though it was reading posts from people that are virtual strangers. (My scripture today made me think of how we are all part of this huge body of Christ that is connected through the internet.) Funny how God uses technology to guide us. If I'm keeping it simple this week, I need to get on the ball and accomplish some things for the good of the order. Monday will bring a classroom full of students and I don't want my home to feel chaotic. Meals to plan, clothes to wash, planning for school, shopping, icky house to clean, and many other things that need to happen.

Colossians 3:15-17 "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

2 comments:

Amber said...

So glad you stopped by! Happy first week of school... hope it is a huge sucess! I look forward to reading about it.
Amber

Joyful said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I know...KNOW...you will be an answer to many mom's prayers for their little ones.

Blessings,
Joy