Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4th

I just realized that today was August 4th. It's the second day of back to school for me. My school looks all shiny and new. I walked into a newly painted and floored room with no furniture in it. I managed to round some up and am trying to smile. I'm glad I have a room because it means I have a class of my own. Reading-my favorite thing to teach. (can you see I'm counting blessings, so I'm not going to mention the chalkboard).
Back to August 4th, my son is supposed to board a plane out of Kandahar, Afghanistan today and head home for a two week leave. This is what he looked like the day we sent him off to war. I'm thinking he will look pretty much the same. I don't want him to be different. I've prayed a hedge of protection around him. I've asked God to surround him with Christian friends and to give him peace in a land of turmoil.
It's a waiting game now, but hopefully by week's end I'll be seeing him again. What are you waiting for?

I'm unwrapping the gift of a son coming home from a far away land and linking this to Tuesdays Unwrapped over at chatting at the sky. I enjoyed reading her post this morning.

John 15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you are just counting the moments for him to be home. :)

Sharone said...

What a blessing to have your son for a few precious days! And for him to have you. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my heart stopped for you,
wow