Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jesus

This morning I find myself waking up renewed and I'm feeling encouraged by my lack of aches and pains. A couple of weeks ago, one of our vocab words was "looming" and I have been fighting off the feeling that Christmas was "looming" over me. That will certainly rob you of any joy you are feeling. I'm really looking forward to Christmas; it's all the things that must get done to get there that start to turn it into such a chore. I read this devotional this morning and thought what a sweet idea it is to remind us of the real gift we are celebrating this season. Today I'm unwrapping the gift that will never break or cease to bring me joy-the gift of Jesus. I'm linking this to Emily over at Chatting at the Sky.

This is our new nativity set that I found in a local shop. It's called the Happy Birthday, Jesus Nativity Set. It's one of the best impulse purchases I've ever made. The little story with the set said that the elves dropped to their knees and began to pray at the sight of the newborn child.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

i love this little nativity set! the colors! and the elves :) happy birthday Jesus!