Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Morning Routines

I have so many things on my mind right now and do not even know where to begin to share. I'm all over the place and feel the unrest and the fast pace of life creeping back in. One issue I really struggle with is not letting my attitude get wrecked. I can talk a good talk about trust and casting my cares upon the Lord, but do I really? My best laid plans yesterday (aka the first day of school) were running smooth till I had to involve other people in them. I left my house so frustrated and was determined not to let the anger I was feeling get the best of me. Driving to school I turned up the CD player as loud as I could and asked God to give me back my peace and joy as I sung along to Everlasting God . Thank goodness, God will not grow weary, because I hadn't even pulled into school yet and felt defeated. My attitude was still ugly for a bit, but I let it die out and did not nurse the self-righteous convictions I was having at how wrong the other people (aka T-Bone) had been that morning. We still need to talk about morning routines, but at least I'm not angry anymore. I'm smiling...

John 16: 31-33 "Do you now believe?" Jesus replied. "A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments: