Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pain

My life has been taken over by work again. I wonder each day how other people do it. Some of my friends have two or three kids and work full-time. Are they just as frazzled? I've made vague references to my health issues, but it has never been my intent for this blog to be a discussion about my condition. Getting shingles has magnified the already constant pain I live with and I just crumbled yesterday. Not a lot, but I shared with a friend at work how hard it was and that dealing with unrelenting pain was getting the best of me. Last night I was speaking with a loved one that intended to comfort and encourage me. I came away feeling exhausted and knowing she meant well, but just did not understand the daily pain I experience. It has gotten hard to hide and I'm not quite sure how to handle it publicly other than to say I'm fine, even when I'm not. I've asked God to "fix" me and lead me to help. I know I need prayer and am going to send off an email and make a phone call today to ask some faithful friends I have to pray for me.

Isaiah 40:29-31 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh , this is so unfortunate. I can tell you are struggling to not let it get to your spirit, how exhausted you must be.
Sending kind thoughts and prayers,
deb

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

That's one of my favorite Scriptures. I just happened to stumble upon your blog (don't recall exactly how), but want you to know you are in my prayers tonight. Chronic pain is no fun.