Monday, February 15, 2010

Furloughed

I sit here looking at my life and wonder how in the world I made it to this point. My mind is filled with ideas for several different posts and I have not the ability to focus on any one in particular much less write anything that makes sense. The hours in my days seem to get stripped from me each day and I start the next trying to recall what needs to be handled on this new day that was put off on the day that has past. Did that make any sense at all? See what I mean? I hate busy. The only reason I sit this morning typing a blog post is that I'm furloughed from work, so I have an extra twenty minutes that I can do something with and maybe I won't feel too guilty over something else left undone.
Last weekend I was able to sit still and hear Lysa Terkeurst speak at a church in Roswell. I loved every second of it and didn't even mind feeling so raw at the end of the day. The photo with Lysa and me and flat hair is on my phone, so I'll have to post it on another day. (She has on a really cute sweater that may make up for my flat hair.)
On Sunday, my church had a guest speaker, Dave Edwards, and he made me laugh and I think I cried again.
My gratitude list continues:
31. snow in Georgia
32. God's way of speaking to me
33. the ministry of Lysa Terkeurst
34. Paul's story
35. Saints winning the Super Bowl
36. Christian friends at work
37. Valentine hearts
38. having a burden for my students
39. conviction to forgive
40. Tiramisu
holy experience

2 comments:

Dale said...

I'm a lurker of your blog, and I've nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger Award.

http://firefeet4him.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html

Misty said...

Found you via Holy Experience. I can so relate to this post! Thanks for sharing.